Injured in an automobile accident? Call Richard Mather at (251) 432-2580.
Richard E. Mather (251) 432-2580.Because auto accidents can range from minor to fatal due to someone else’s negligence, it is likely that you could require immediate medical attention for damage that may not be apparent initially. While some of the common injuries include strained muscles, tendons, and pinched nerves, they can also cause severe injuries like broken limbs, spinal cord or head injuries, internal bleeding or damaged organs. Depending on the severity of your injuries, it could take you a few weeks, a few months or even years to heal from your injuries. Getting medical attention immediately, even for what may seem minor injuries, is very important to effective healing. During the time you are healing, our law office is working hard to protect your interests to make sure your side of the story is heard so you can get the compensation you deserve.
There are many causes that contribute to auto accidents such as:
- Texting while driving – when they do, they are not paying attention to the road.
- Drunk driving or driving under the influence – Always a deadly combination.
- Driving while drowsy – with a busy life and work schedule, this is becoming a serious problem.
- Distracted Driving – With the addition of in-dash display screens, people aren’t paying attention.
- Not paying attention to traffic signals – a common mistake made all too often.
To make sure you are able to get your vehicle repaired and any medical expenses covered, follow these steps:
- Call 911 or the police right away.
- Do not move your vehicle unless the responding officer instructs you to do so.
- Tell the police or medics where you hurt.
- Tell the police exactly how the wreck happened.
- Take pictures of the accident and scene with your camera if you are able.
- Do not discuss with the other driver who you think is at fault.
- Collect witness names and phone numbers if available.
- Visit a doctor immediately, most soft tissue injuries are often felt the day after an accident. So even if you do not feel hurt at the time of the accident, there can be unseen damage.
- Call Richard Mather to discuss your case and get valuable advice on protecting your rights.
- Call your insurance company to notify them of an accident.
- Keep a record of doctor appointments, medical bills, car repairs, missed days of work and any cost that is a direct result of your accident.
- DO NOT give a recorded statement to your or the other driver’s insurance company without speaking to a lawyer first.
I can’t thank you enough for all the help you gave me. I will definitely call you if I ever need help again.
You really helped me a lot.I know who to call now!
Thank you for making the process with my accident so easy and for helping me get paid.You really do care about your clients.
I just had to tell you how much I appreciate all you did for me. Your staff was so helpful and caring. I’m glad I found you.
My friend told me to see a lawyer they Knew to assist me with my accident. I’m glad I found your office. You and Your staff were so great and got me More in compensation that I thought I Would get! Thank you.
When the trucking company’s insurance said they wouldn’t pay for my car or my injuries Because they said it was my fault, I knew I needed a lawyer that would listen to me and give me the help I needed. Richard Mather listened and he was able to get the insurance company to reverse their decision and get a very good settlement for me.