Get Answers To Your Questions About Personal Injury Cases
I am attorney Richard E. Mather in Mobile, Alabama, and I am well aware that many people have questions about injury cases, including those involving:
- Car, truck and motorcycle accidents
- Wrongful death claims
- Workers’ compensation and third-party liability cases for injuries on the job
- Products liability, slip-and-falls and other general injury cases
I want to help you achieve the best possible outcome for your case and will do everything I can to make that happen. If you schedule a consultation, I will listen to all of the details of your case and provide personalized advice relevant to your unique situation.
What should I do after a car wreck in Alabama?
- Move out of traffic if you can.
- Check for injuries.
- Call 911.
- Take pictures and get the names and phone numbers of eyewitnesses.
- Give basic information to the police and your car insurance company.
- Do not answer detailed questions before you have an attorney.
- Contact a personal injury attorney to schedule a free consultation.
- Work with your lawyer to build a strong case for compensation.
Do I need a lawyer after I have been injured in a car accident?
Maybe not, but it is unlikely that you can recover the maximum available compensation without an experienced advocate on your side. Remember that insurance companies will fight to avoid paying benefits. You need an attorney who will inform you of your rights and fight for you.
How much compensation can I receive for an auto accident claim?
The amount you may recover after a car or truck accident can depend on many factors, including:
- Determination of fault through accident reconstruction
- Documentation of injuries and losses
- Insurance policy limits
- Whether you file your claim or lawsuit before the statute of limitations runs out, but preferably as soon as possible
What types of workers’ compensation benefits are available for workers in Alabama?
Through workers’ compensation, you may get medical bills paid as well as some lost-wage replacement. In addition, if your lawyer discovers that someone who is not your employer contributed to the accident, you may be able to bring a separate personal injury claim against that third party. The third-party liability claim may allow you to recover compensation for your pain and suffering, as well as expenses that workers’ compensation doesn’t cover.
Can I sue someone for wrongful death in Alabama?
If you are an eligible family member (such as a spouse), you may be able to bring a wrongful death claim against someone who caused your loved one’s fatal accident. Work with a lawyer to help build a well-documented damage claim or lawsuit.
Bring Your Questions To An Attorney
I am ready to answer all of your questions and explain how I can help you recover the compensation you are eligible for after a car, truck or motorcycle accident.